A - I n f o s
a multi-lingual news service by, for, and about anarchists **

News in all languages
Last 40 posts (Homepage) Last two weeks' posts

The last 100 posts, according to language
Castellano_ Deutsch_ Nederlands_ English_ Français_ Italiano_ Polski_ Português_ Russkyi_ Suomi_ Svenska_ Türkçe_ The.Supplement
First few lines of all posts of last 24 hours || of past 30 days | of 2002 | of 2003 | of 2004

Syndication Of A-Infos - including RDF | How to Syndicate A-Infos
Subscribe to the a-infos newsgroups
{Info on A-Infos}

(en) Palestine-Israel, Report of Anarchists Against the Wall (AAtW) about the last five days of resistance

From <a-infos-en@ainfos.ca>(mapakh-A-squat.net)
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:32:32 +0200 (CEST)

A - I N F O S N E W S S E R V I C E
News about and of interest to anarchists
http://ainfos.ca/ http://ainfos.ca/index24.html

Five days of struggle - the same repression a new day.

With the resumption of construction of the separation wall a familiar
pattern repeats itself. Negotiation is not even attempted, and Israeli
policy is set unilaterally by the army and government without
consideration for Palestinians. At the same time, every attempt at
protest and non-violent resistance is repressed violently. In addition
to the criminality of this repression, by making negotiation and
peaceful protest impossible the army and government contribute to the
escalation of the conflict in a direct way.

In the course of the last five days (September 19-23) the occupation
forces returned to their attempt to literally cement their existence on
Palestinian lands. Naturally the residents of the effected villages
resisted this attempt and we are with them. Our method and our aim,
which we have declared and consciously acted on for the last two years,
are popular non-violent struggle.

Beit Awwa and Sikka, Sunday Sept 19.

For the first time since the beginning bulldozers started wrecking in
the village lands, about a week earlier, we headed for the bulldozers
together with the residents of Beit Awwa and Sikka. In spite of violence
directed at the march we managed to get to the machines. For about two
hours we stood in their way and prevented the theft of the land. During
that time the soldiers and the police tried to remove us using brutal
violence, which caused a resident of Sikka to lose consciousness for
about 15 minutes and three others to be wounded. When large amounts of
reinforcements arrived we were forced to retreat.

Budrus, Monday September 20.

When the bulldozers entered the village lands after a few weeks ago,
following a long struggle a compromise was reached by which the path of
the wall will not be on Budrus land- the people of Budrus went to their
lands. Men women and children sat on their lands and with their own
bodies prevented the bulldozers from taking their lands. The army did
not have sufficient forces and after several unsuccessful attempts to
remove the demonstrators, the bulldozers left.

Budrus, Tuesday September 21.

At dawn we went to the land to stop the bulldozers but this time the
army was waiting with many troops. In spite of that, together with the
people of Budrus we managed to get pass the soldiers and to the land.
After about two hours of work being halted an agreement was made with a
representative of the army that the bulldozers will not work on Budrus
land during that day and that we will leave the lands. When we began to
leave, the border police attacked people with clubs, shock grenades,
tear gas and rubber coated metal bullets in violation of the agreement
reached. In spite of that, during the attack, a representative of the
village attempted to continue negotiating with a representative from the
army. Finally another agreement was reached by which we will return to
the lands where we stood first and the army will retreat from the lands.
When the representatives headed their own way a border police force
attacked the village, again in violation of the agreement reached. The
resistance to the invasion of the village continued to about 5 pm when
the army left the village. Many were hurt during the confrontation
amongst them 26 people injured by rubber coated metal bullets. Two
Israeli protesters were arrested and released the next day by Adv. Gaby
Lasky who represented them in front of a judge who restricted their
access to the Budrus area for 14 days.

Budrus, Wednesday September 22.

About 500 villagers, together with Israelis and internationals were
attacked by the army with rubber coated metal bullets and tear gas even
before leaving the village and at great distance. In the first minutes
of the demonstration five demonstrators were injured by rubber coated
metal bullets. Two of them, a 12-year-old boy and a member of the
popular committee against the wall were shot in the head. The attempt to
reach the land lasted about two hours and in the end the army occupied
the schoolhouse and another house. The shooting continued during the
course of the day as well as wide use of tear gas, which was sometimes
shot directly into homes. The occupation of the village, which was
carried out while the soldiers shouted "Budrus is ours!" was not only
humiliating, illegal and immoral but also caused a large number of
injuries. 17 Of them were hurt by rubber coated metal bullets.

Beit Awwa and Budrus, Thursday September 23.

On our way to Beit Awwa we heard that a full curfew was declared in
Budrus at 8 am, after the beginning of the school day, thus trapping the
school children in school. The army occupied several buildings and
besieged the school. The curfew was lifted only after it was dark.

In Beit Awwa, about 1000 demonstrators were gathered, amongst them about
600 women and girls. We headed towards Sikka where the bulldozers were
working and at a distance of about a kilometer from the bulldozers we
were attacked by the army without any warning. For about two hours the
army used tear gas rubber coated metal bullets in one of the most
extreme displays of violence used at a demonstrations in a long time. We
managed to hold our ground and were reminded of the most difficult
demonstrations in Dir Kaddis and Harbata when an Israeli demonstrator
was hit very near his eye by a rubber coated metal bullet. The daily
toll was 120 wounded, of them 35 from rubber coated metal bullets. 45 of
the demonstrators were evacuated to hospital in Hebron because their
condition was too severe for the village clinic. Many of the wounded
were women and girls who took the lead in facing the army throughout the
day. In addition, 2 Israeli demonstrators were arrested. They were later
released on condition that they do not return to Beit Awwa for 14 days.

Unlike the occupation forces who are not interested in dialogue, the
people of Beit Awwa declare again that they invite anyone who wished to
come and meet with them.

The bullets which try to silence protest will not silence us. Neither
will political persecution, the corrupt system of military orders and
courts, police interrogation or live fire stop the struggle. We are in
integral part of the struggle against the wall and the occupation and
for true liberty for all living beings.

Anarchists Against the Wall

For farther information:

Kobi +972-3-687-9485

Raz +972-50-794-6044

Yonatan +972-54-632-7736

Aya +972-50-636-8491

****** The A-Infos News Service ******
News about and of interest to anarchists
INFO: http://ainfos.ca/org http://ainfos.ca/org/faq.html
HELP: a-infos-org@ainfos.ca
SUBSCRIPTION: send mail to lists@ainfos.ca with command in
body of mail "subscribe (or unsubscribe) listname your@address".

Options for all lists at http://www.ainfos.ca/options.html

A-Infos Information Center