A - I n f o s
a multi-lingual news service by, for, and about anarchists **

News in all languages
Last 40 posts (Homepage) Last two weeks' posts

The last 100 posts, according to language
Castellano_ Deutsch_ Nederlands_ English_ Français_ Italiano_ Polski_ Português_ Russkyi_ Suomi_ Svenska_ Türkçe_ The.Supplement
First few lines of all posts of last 24 hours || of past 30 days | of 2002 | of 2003 | of 2004 | of 2005 | of 2006

Syndication Of A-Infos - including RDF | How to Syndicate A-Infos
Subscribe to the a-infos newsgroups
{Info on A-Infos}

(en) Palestine-Israel, The state forces still forbide, but the joint struggle in Bil'in continue.

Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 20:25:35 +0300

This Friday too the Israeli state forces refused to let us do the Friday joint
demonstration against the occupation and the separation fence. However, it seems
the higher authorities told something to the new regiment commander responsible
to the region Bil'in is part of. We started as usual from the village center at
noon. About hundred people. Palestinians from Bil'in and from out of it - including
high level persons of the national leadership, Internationals, and Israelis of
the anarchists against the wall initiative and "guests", and about 5 teams of
local and international media. We marched with 20 of us carrying the placards
about the shooting that injured Limor at the demo in Bil'in two weeks ago (hundreds
of which were hanged on Tel Aviv walls Wednesday night). Chanting as usual we
exited the built are of the village.

When we approached the route of the separation fence, the state forces advanced
towards us, declared the are closed military zone, and the demonstration as illegal.
Disregarding that, we continued marching and when we met half way on the way up
the hill, they started to shower us with shock grenades... and started pushing
us back to the village. AS we put some passive resistance, some of the state
force personnel used batons, hitting people legs mainly and injured of the
demonstrators. After a while, most of the demonstrators were driven back
towards the outskirts of the village where the stone throwers started the usual
confrontation with the state forces who tested on them a new kind of an
automatic riffle of rubber bullets.

Few of us - the more experienced and stubborn, resisted the pushing back and few
engaged the state forces with angry speech about the role they play in the service
of the building companies that robed the Bil'in lands and pushed the separation
fence to protect them.

During that "conversation" was revealed the name of the new brigade commander
David Menahem who decided to change the policy and forbid the demonstration
near the fence.

During the angry conversation three Palestinians and one international activists
were detained, and released only after the demonstration was ended and we returned
to the village - leaving the arena for the confrontation between the stone throwers
(young and not so young) and the state forces.

It seems the national leadership pressure on the stone throwers helped.
They refrained from starting the stone throwing too early to disable
the activity of the nonviolent demonstration, and even later they did
not throw the stones on the demonstrators.
A-infos-en mailing list

A-Infos Information Center