A - I n f o s
a multi-lingual news service by, for, and about anarchists
News in all languages
Last 40 posts (Homepage)
archives of old posts
The last 100 posts, according
The First Few Lines of The Last 10 posts in:
First few lines of all posts of last 24 hours |
of past 30 days |
of 2002 |
of 2003 |
of 2004 |
of 2005 |
of 2006 |
of 2007 |
of 2008 |
of 2009 |
of 2010 |
of 2011 |
of 2012 |
of 2013 |
of 2014 |
of 2015 |
of 2016 |
of 2017 |
of 2018 |
of 2019 |
Syndication Of A-Infos - including
RDF - How to Syndicate A-Infos
Subscribe to the a-infos newsgroups
(en) Greece, APO: In the face of the global health crisis: state and capitalism are not the solution, solidarity is the only way out [machine translation]
Mon, 25 May 2020 09:46:25 +0300
In the face of the global health crisis: state and capitalism are not the solution, solidarity is the only way out ---- The International
Relations Committee of the International Anarchist Federations (IAF-IFA) continues its activities during the current global pandemic.
Globally, the representatives of our federations met online to assess the commitment of social and organized anarchism to the current global
crisis. ---- The plunder and destruction of the natural world, the exploitation and impoverishment of entire societies, military operations,
the death of millions of people from starvation and deprivation, the creation of uninhabited - enclosed concentration camps and prisons
demonstrate the timeless criminal nature of the state system. . The barbarity of this authoritarian model of social organization today, in
conditions of global pandemic, is becoming even more apparent.
While our activists are trying to keep the social and political struggle alive in different ways, and thanks to technology despite the
general rules of restraint, we have shared the following common ground.
· Realizing the need for social responsibility in taking all necessary health precautions that everyone should adopt to protect themselves
and those around them, we denounce the authoritarianism and militarization of all governments that seek to address health issues. through
military and police repression and through the restriction of social freedoms and the strengthening of all forms of social control. This is
especially true for governments that have taken advantage of the situation to impose authoritarian changes.
· We denounce the speculation of the capitalists and the ruling classes, who are pushing for the resumption of production, disregarding the
safety of the workers, and supporting the strikes and spontaneous workers' mobilizations that are taking place worldwide, challenging the
immediate logic of profit and strengthening.
· We denounce the increase in domestic and sexist violence that is intensifying due to the measures of home restraint and we always stand
against patriarchy, sexism and homophobia / transphobia.
· We denounce the nationalist rhetoric used in many states and stand in solidarity with immigrants, who suffer and risk more than others due
to the inhumane and miserable conditions in the concentration camps.
· We stand in solidarity with the prisoners and against all prisons, camps and structures of total control, whose murderous nature has
become particularly visible due to the pandemic.
· We denounce the living conditions of the poor and all the unemployed and precarious workers who bear the brunt of social injustice around
the world and are at risk of starvation in some countries, which are the last concern of governments and elites.
· We stand in solidarity with health workers and all workers who perform duties necessary for the lives of each of us and who often work
without the necessary precautions and guarantees, often paying with their lives for the inadequacies and mistakes of state and
· We stand in solidarity with all peoples and communities who are resisting state wars and repression, from Chiapas to Rotzava and whose
burdens are rising because of Covid-19.
· For all this, we call for the dissemination of mutual aid, solidarity and sharing efforts from below to take place throughout the world,
so that we can implement the only practices that are able to effectively deal with current global problems. Those forms of mutual aid
between the weakest social strata, the elderly, the oppressed, the exploited and those groups and individuals who are discriminated against
should be intensified. With greater intensity than ever, it is necessary to support all those real experiences aimed at transforming our
daily lives, including cooperative structures of solidarity, alternative and libertarian schools, occupied spaces, places of solidarity and
Although it would be impossible to summarize all those real experiences and support structures supported by our partners and federations in
different countries and realities, some examples include: creating support groups that support communities / neighborhoods in dealing with
the virus, as for for example by providing food, protection and medicine; opening new housing and cultural activities, including occupying
human space angry without shelter, handling books, periodicals and other ancillary materials and analyzes to address the crisis; promoting
and putting into practice alternatives to the existing capitalist economic system such as solidarity funds; promoting immediate action to
support vulnerable groups such as communities. of the natives. And many more that cannot be included in this list.
The state and capitalist system of organizing society, which is already condemning millions of people to death from starvation, disease, and
military operations, is fighting not against the evolving pandemic, but to keep their privileges intact, their political position in power.
and financially strong.
Experiencing the current situation together with all of us, the anarchists of the International Federation of Anarchist Federations continue
our global battle for justice and freedom, to build day by day the new world we bring to our hearts.
A - I N F O S N E W S S E R V I C E
By, For, and About Anarchists
Send news reports to A-infos-en mailing list
A-Infos Information Center