A - I n f o s
a multi-lingual news service by, for, and about anarchists **

News in all languages
Last 40 posts (Homepage) Last two weeks' posts

The last 100 posts, according to language
Greek_ 中文 Chinese_ Castellano_ Català_ Deutsch_ Nederlands_ English_ Français_ Italiano_ Polski_ Português_ Russkyi_ Suomi_ Svenska_ Türkçe_ The.Supplement

The First Few Lines of The Last 10 posts in:
Greek_ 中文 Chinese_ Castellano_ Català_ Deutsch_ Nederlands_ English_ Français_ Italiano_ Polski_ Português_ Russkyi_ Suomi_ Svenska_ Türkçe
First few lines of all posts of last 24 hours || of past 30 days | of 2002 | of 2003 | of 2004 | of 2005 | of 2006 | of 2007 | of 2008 | of 2009 | of 2010 | of 2011 | of 2012 | of 2013 | of 2015 | of 2016 | of 2017 | of 2018 | of 2019

Syndication Of A-Infos - including RDF | How to Syndicate A-Infos
Subscribe to the a-infos newsgroups
{Info on A-Infos}

(en) Greece, Thessaloniki Libertarian Initiative and the Rubikona anarchist collegium activities - in solidarity with the Kurdish resistance (and subsequent arrests) [machine translation]

Date Wed, 30 Oct 2019 09:22:34 +0200

On Thursday, October 17, at 11:00 am members of the Thessaloniki Freedom Initiative and the Rubikona anarchist collegium (both members of the Anarchist Federation) intervened within the Turkish Consulate in Thessaloniki. Twelve companions entered the Consulate where they banners and shouted slogans in favor of the Kurdish resistance. ---- Almost immediately the consulate's security personnel intervened, trying sharply to detach the banner. Since this obviously did not prove to be particularly easy, they employed elbows, knees, kicks etc. Throughout the event, the companions - remaining consistent in their original decision - maintained a defensive posture blows, without responding correspondingly. Members of the consulate guard maintained the same aggressive attitude even after they had removed the banners, restricting them to a corner of the yard where they were threatened and maimed (they also made the signal to the gray wolves). they were trying to get their mobile phones. The partners repeatedly and explicitly refused to surrender until the time of their arrest by the police. Despite the initial entry of two Greek cops into the consulate yard, the Turkish cops demanded their departure, on the grounds that the consulate was Turkish territory. As soon as the cops left the scene, members of the consulate guard began to threaten their companions again, flaunting their sleeves, removing their watches, and bringing in tizzy bars, implying in every way that they intended to materialize. their threats if not heard. In spite of the very pressing and threatening condition, the partners did not accept to surrender their mobiles, nor did they respond to the constant challenges, remained composed and calm,

The comrades finally surrendered to the police, who, although approaching the point in the first minutes of the intervention, entered the scene with considerable delay, as the consulate guard was awaiting instructions from the Turkish Foreign Ministry on whether the surrender would eventually be allowed. of partners in Greek justice. The defendants were transported by cops (with the front engines clearing the road and shouting at the drivers of the vehicles that apparently did not manage to take off in time) to GADT where they were kept in the basement until 20:00. without being allowed to contact their lawyer. In their repeated protests for this informal (as long as no charge was still granted) detention, the only answer they received was that "the diplomats of the two countries are now talking", making it clear to us that the Greek side would simply dance to the rhythm of the drum beating Ankara. Even access to water and food, after hours of waiting, was something they had to demand vigorously in order to be finally given.

A few hours after their arrest, the Turkish Foreign Ministry described members of the two groups as "anarchist groups known to carry out terrorist acts within the PKK / PYD / YPG", commenting that "the invaders were detained by consulate officers (...) and surrendered to the Greek Police before finding the opportunity to harm the members of the consulate or the workers at Ataturk's home ", demanding in the end that the" intruders "should" receive their punishment " worth it. " The Greek Foreign Ministry also issued a statement substantially reassuring the Turkish side that its demand would be upheld and those arrested would be punished,

They were initially assigned two categories: a) disruption of service and b) disruption of friendly relations between Greece or its ally with a foreign state with an ally, to which a third was added: the process of typing and photographing (marking).

A few hours later the second regulated solidarity action on the Kurdish resistance followed. Comrades from the Thessaloniki Freedom Initiative, the Pueblo Anarchist Collective and the Rubikon Anarchist Collective (all members of the Anarchist Federation) intervened in Turkish Airlines' counterparts at the Macedonian airport, opening a meeting.

While the comrades had already left the scene, the cops, in yet another wholly irrelevant mobilization, stopped the line bus, stormed into it, and with the video being shot by Turkish Airlines employees one by one controlled the faces. of all passengers in order to identify the "perpetrators", eventually bringing in 7 people. The defendants were transferred to GATT with similar "coolness" on the part of the cops and were similarly detained for many hours without respecting their legal rights, such as contacting their lawyer.

It is worth noting here the incomprehensible behavior of ELAS members who reprimanded (!) A HIV-positive partner when they found out about the medication he had brought with him and for which he had refused to provide further explanation when asked. The reason for the reprimand was that with this attitude he had finally exposed them "at risk of possible contamination" as they carried out physical examination without gloves. Apparently the Greek police believe that HIV is transmitted by touch and even over clothes (!!!).

And these additions have also turned into arrests the category of service disruption (Turkish Airlines counter, after the company complained that it could not sell tickets during the intervention) to which the apathy was added, due to the refusal of signage .

On Friday 18/10, all 19 detainees were transferred to the Thessaloniki Courts, in the context of a self-inflicted police raid (cages, motorcycles, patrols, OPKE) that seems at least irrelevant to the situation (banners and accusations) . Those arrested by intervention at the consulate saw the charge of "disturbing relations with an ally state" not be finally included by the prosecutor in the case file. A preliminary examination has been ordered for this charge in the future.

The trial of those arrested for interfering with the Turkish consulate was postponed to Thursday 31/10 and for intervention to Turkish Airlines on Wednesday 30/10.

We support with all our strength the Kurdish movement, the PKK fight in Turkey, the struggle of the People's and Women's Protection Units (YPG / YPJ) in Syria. What is at stake is not just the survival of a national group. It is a ray of light on the part that dominates the absolute darkness of war caused by imperialism and fundamentalism. It is a hope for the whole world. The hope that you can defeat the ethnic-religious oppressions without reproducing them, the hope given by the libertarian ideas from which the Kurdish movement inspired its strategy, that they can solve the murderous deadlocks created by its ideas and practices. We were, are and will be in solidarity with each other.

Let everyone remember this.




Thessaloniki Freedom Initiative

Anarchist collectivism of Rubicon

Anarchist Collective Pueblo

- members of the Anarchist Federation
A - I N F O S N E W S S E R V I C E
By, For, and About Anarchists
Send news reports to A-infos-en mailing list
Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://ainfos.ca/mailman/listinfo/a-infos-en
Archive: http://ainfos.ca/en
A-Infos Information Center