A - I n f o s
a multi-lingual news service by, for, and about anarchists **

News in all languages
Last 40 posts (Homepage) Last two weeks' posts

The last 100 posts, according to language
Castellano_ Deutsch_ Nederlands_ English_ Français_ Italiano_ Polski_ Português_ Russkyi_ Suomi_ Svenska_ Türkçe_ The.Supplement
First few lines of all posts of last 24 hours || of past 30 days | of 2002 | of 2003 | of 2004 | of 2005 | of 2006

Syndication Of A-Infos - including RDF | How to Syndicate A-Infos
Subscribe to the a-infos newsgroups
{Info on A-Infos}

(en) Palestine-Israel, The joint struggle in Bil'in overcome harasments of stae forces

Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 12:45:40 +0300

This Friday the demonstration against the separation fence and the occupation was
a bit more lively. It seems it was because of the Wednesday "hafla" party at the
outpost of Bil'in center for joint struggle for peace (built on the Bil'in lands
the separation fence intend to rob). It was for celebrating Limor Goldstein out of
hospital after the operation to extract the bullet shot to his brain about a month
ago in the Friday demo in Bil'in. At noon, we started the usual march from the center
of the village on the road leading to the route of the separation fence. We were about
hundred people - Palestinians from the village and from the region, Israelis of the
Anarchists Against The Wall initiative, and internationals. It was the usual chanting
and singing till we reached the outskirts of the built area of the village. There, we
encountered the Israeli state force of border police gendarmes blocking the road. This
time, like the previous one they did not declare the demo illegal or the area closed
military zone for the out of village participants. It seems the media scandal and our
refusing to yield forced a change in policy. As they were 20 meter inside the village
built zone, the verbal confrontation with them even resulted in their retreat these
20 meters to the exact point in the road.

After a non friendly confrontation there with chanting and exchange of words with them
the 30 minutes of the demo previously decided on ended. As the stone throwers were already
in positions on the two sides of the road leading to the center of the village, we took
a detour path around the village buildings. When we cleared the blocked road we could
hear the commander of state force order his gendarmes to advance towards the village to
confront the potential stone throwers. Their advance was responded with a barrage of
stones one of them broke the jaw of one of them.

While the confrontation of stones versus shock and tear gas grenades and shots of rubber
coated bullets continued, we completed our detour, but as the road was not free to pass
some of us were accepted the invitation to sit in the shade adjacent to a hose near the
road. The state forces - in a measure never taken before during the year and a half Friday
demonstrations, forced us to leave the shade and tried to push us to the road leading
to the center of the village as a live shield to them in their confrontation with the
stone throwers. Though they threatened with arrests, pushed us and threatened with
arrests and hit with their batons, we refused to yield to their wish. We "escaped"
between the courtyards of the neighborhood on the side of the road, (except only one member
of the village comity who was arrested and released after an hour or so). With the help of
the members of the village popular comity for the nonviolent struggle against the
separation fence and occupation we found our way through courtyards and fences. They made
special efforts to help us two oldies (me 69 and S. 77) to find the easiest way and pass
the fences.

The younger participants infiltrated back to the outskirts of the village confronting
the state forces who were forced to retreat from the village.

Then, while the confrontation between the stone throwers and the state forces continued
we took the transportation back to Tel Aviv.
A-infos-en mailing list

A-Infos Information Center