A - I n f o s
a multi-lingual news service by, for, and about anarchists **

News in all languages
Last 40 posts (Homepage) Last two weeks' posts

The last 100 posts, according to language
Castellano_ Deutsch_ Nederlands_ English_ Français_ Italiano_ Polski_ Português_ Russkyi_ Suomi_ Svenska_ Türkçe_ The.Supplement
First few lines of all posts of last 24 hours || of past 30 days | of 2002 | of 2003 | of 2004 | of 2005

Syndication Of A-Infos - including RDF | How to Syndicate A-Infos
Subscribe to the a-infos newsgroups
{Info on A-Infos}

(en) Palestine-Israel Bil'in, The struggle still continues - 28-10-05 Friday demonstration

Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:09:50 +0200

This Friday demo has as background the three army night invasion for arresting people
who participate in the weekly Fridays demonstrations. At the first night invasion they
arrested nine villagers for the bogus claim that they damaged the fence. On the second
night invasion they arrested additional three. On the third invasion, people went out of
their hoses to confront the army unit, and the three persons they came to arrest were not
found. As response to that harassment, the theme of the demo was that all of us are potential
candidates to be arrested. many participants handcuffed ourselves with plastic imitation
of the real thing. Placard was wit the content that all the rest of the 1600 inhabitants -
including children, are to be arrested next if the struggle is to be stooped.

We marched along the road leading to the separation fence chanting - about 150 people,
including 20 internationals, 50 Israelis who defied the closure intended to block us from
arriving to the joint struggle, and about 100 people from Bil'in (as the last Fridays
demos were not repressed harshly some even brought their young kids).

The Israeli state forces blocked our way about 100 meters from the fence route - there we stood
for a while chanting. after a while, a 20 persons contingent of Bir Zeit university joined us
and short time later we tried to get of the blocked road and come through the olive
orchard nearer to the fence route. The state forces objected to this act pushed us forcefully
back to the road again and again, injured by that two Israelis whose injuries were dressed
by the medics of the Palestinian ambulance which is present in each demo, and two israelis
even where detained for a while.

In spite of the state force pushing and pulling many of demonstrators succeeded to arrive
to about few meters from the fence. There, Mohamad Hatib gave a speech, with explanations
to people who participated in the demo for the first time. Then, the nonviolent
demonstration was declared finished and we returned to the village - and the internationals
and Israelis said good by to the village activists and added see you next Friday in Bil'in.

In parallel to the passage of the nonviolent demonstrators effort to come nearer to
the fence route, youth of the village started the usual attrition war of stones
versus tear gas and rubber bullets shots of the army which continued for a while
even after the main demo was ended.

In a place were no demonstrators or stone throwing youth were near, a group of soldiers
were seen as throwing stones on an army car which was on the fence route - probably
for video taking by the army for false accusation of the demonstrators.

A-infos-en mailing list

A-Infos Information Center