A - I n f o s
a multi-lingual news service by, for, and about anarchists **

News in all languages
Last 40 posts (Homepage) Last two weeks' posts

The last 100 posts, according to language
Castellano_ Deutsch_ Nederlands_ English_ Français_ Italiano_ Polski_ Português_ Russkyi_ Suomi_ Svenska_ Türkçe_ The.Supplement
First few lines of all posts of last 24 hours || of past 30 days | of 2002 | of 2003 | of 2004

Syndication Of A-Infos - including RDF | How to Syndicate A-Infos
Subscribe to the a-infos newsgroups
{Info on A-Infos}

(en) Britain, Google Gossip, [freedomlab*] Minutes meeting Sunday 3rd October

From Worker <a-infos-en@ainfos.ca>
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:00:19 +0200 (CEST)

A - I N F O S N E W S S E R V I C E
News about and of interest to anarchists
http://ainfos.ca/ http://ainfos.ca/index24.html

1: Hacklabbers in attendance Reuben, Sash, Antonio, Chris, Ana, John, Ben, Asa.
2: Apologies none.
3: Previous Minutes and the matters arising from them.
No one took the minutes from previous meeting.
4: Agenda
* Finances ( ins/outs ) & future funding
Out: internet, £22.50 a month. We have paid already about 7 months worth of internet.
Out: rent, or weekly donation to the bookshop.
Looks like we have two options: do we want to support the bookshop, or
do we want to build a social and technical space?
The general feeling is that we want the bookshop to go on existing, it
is great that it is there, but we don't want to raise money for freedom
as our main activity. But we are happy to stay in the bookshop if
possible. It is not the hacklab's responsibility to make the bookshop
run, we are not a business and do not want to be.
To suggest to the bookshop to turn the downstairs space into a cafe if
they need to raise money from whatever room is available in the building.
Another possibility is to offer them every thing that is in the room
used by the hacklab right now, so that it can be turned into an internet
cafe, and then this internet cafe would be just one of the hacklabs
projects, but the 'ownership' of the place would be with the bookshop
and we would be volunteers helping out in that room.

It is proposed and accepted that we go on as we are now until November.
In their meeting then we give them all donations collected and they will
decide if that money is enough for them. If it is not, we offer them the
space as described above, if this doesn't satisfy them either we look
for somewhere else.

IN: benefits. Do we do more?It was decided before the summer not to do
any more benefits until september or so; we now decide to extend this
and not run any benefits until further notice, when a project comes
along and we need the money for something in particular.

IN: services to businesses. Reuben to investigate the possibility to run
some wifi and offer it to close-by businesses.

* Bank Account

do we need one? No, since we can pay the broadband via the person who
set it up and we don't expect regular income.

* Possible official opening event

we can not open yet. We need to get rid of EVERYTHING that is not
strictly useful to have it open to the public. We need to get rid of the
printers, keeping only one pinter in the bookshop. Need to arrange this.

Also need to create a list of what can get out of the hacklab, and where
to offer it – and actually offer computers out. Things not immediately
needed can be stored temporarily in Rampart. Other possibilities are
ComputerAid, Crisis... to give them what we do not need... would
probably have to pay for transport and the actual disposal of useless
material. Ben, John and Ana will investigate their own proposals.

* Publicity and leaflet
We can produce literature to put where we do things: hacklab leaflets
and posters. Need a text for leaflet to show whenever a group of people
from the hacklab is involved in various project as is the case at
present with the ESF.

* Presence at the Anarchist Bookfair

it is on the 27th of November. First we had an idea to do a talk but
this costs too much money, we can't afford it. We will share a table
with indymedia and put leaflets, cds and poster. Idea to take broken
computers as our 'brand'.

* Support for new AxtiviX server
proposal to put up a benefit for them. We need to find a venue for this.
We also know about projects that need server spaces, we can put them in
contact with aktivix.
We can also offer them help with documentation...

* Presence at the European Social Forum alternative spaces in London

the information is out there and every one who wants to get involved in
the ESF is already involved. We need a stalk of leaflets to put on the
spaces, about 100 A5s. We can do talks on OSS, workshops about the hack
movement, either in Camden Centre or the University. We will be giving
out free software CDs too.

* Presence in other trans-national networks - liaisons etc
we do not feel the need to do this formally.

* Commiting to once-monthly meetings on which day of month?
agreed to have a monthly meeting on the 1st Sunday of each month.

* Website
- as opposed to wiki. Access? A sub-group to be created to do the site.
John, Reuben, Ana and Chris offer to proof read.

5: Date/Lineup for next benefit.
See above.

6: Date/Agenda for next meeting.
Next meeting is on Sunday 7th of November.

7: Any Other Business.

8: Type up and mail the minutes to the list/update the wiki.
See also: A-Infos (en) UK, London, Anarchist Freedom Books - hacklab meeting ...
(en) UK, London, Anarchist Freedom Books - hacklab meeting - MediaHacklab work days
and benefit. From Worker <a-infos-en@ainfos.ca> Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:55 ...

****** The A-Infos News Service ******
News about and of interest to anarchists
INFO: http://ainfos.ca/org http://ainfos.ca/org/faq.html
HELP: a-infos-org@ainfos.ca
SUBSCRIPTION: send mail to lists@ainfos.ca with command in
body of mail "subscribe (or unsubscribe) listname your@address".

Options for all lists at http://www.ainfos.ca/options.html

A-Infos Information Center