A - I n f o s
a multi-lingual news service by, for, and about anarchists **

News in all languages
Last 40 posts (Homepage) Last two weeks' posts

The last 100 posts, according to language
Castellano_ Català_ Deutsch_ Nederlands_ English_ Français_ Italiano_ Polski_ Português_ Russkyi_ Suomi_ Svenska_ Türkçe_ The.Supplement
First few lines of all posts of last 24 hours || of past 30 days | of 2002 | of 2003

Syndication Of A-Infos - including RDF | How to Syndicate A-Infos
Subscribe to the a-infos newsgroups
{Info on A-Infos}

(en) Preparations for next People Global Action (Europe) conference: report, newspaper and next meeting

From ni co lu <nicolu@chutelibre.org>
Date Mon, 8 Dec 2003 11:35:03 +0100 (CET)


________________________________________________
A - I N F O S N E W S S E R V I C E
News about and of interest to anarchists
http://ainfos.ca/ http://ainfos.ca/index24.html
________________________________________________

To all people and infopoints involved with pga europe :
Hi here is the final report of the last People's Global Action European
conference preparation meeting as well as the web address of a brand new PGA
presentation newspaper (already in english and hopefully soon in other
languages at http://eurodunie.nl/media/2003/11/799.pdf ). It is aimed at
being a tool of collective organization, distributed to people who would be
interested to get involved with the next conference. It will give you all
the practical informations to get involved by one way or another in the next
european pga conference. (and it should be available soon in rtf on the pga
conf web site)

This conference will really need to be collectively organized
by people from various parts of europe. A true non-consumerist, horizontal,
self-managed and collective process would also mean that many people get as
soon as possible involved in the preparation and don't let a small group of
people organize the event before to join it in the end. I've decided to
send this message also to the resistance list, so to try once again to open
a bit more the organizational process to new people ( I'm aware that many
people interested to participate to pga europe are not already on the
process list).

Infopoints could maybe print and copy both newspaper and
report to make it available on paper in their spaces and info tables and
also send both through e-mails to friendly people and collectives. But,
please, if you want to get involved with pga process, you should really
subscribe on the process list wich the place where you can get the infos and
participate (you can do it by sending an e-mail and short presentation of
your collective to bozavine@yahoo.co.uk as the web application is apparently
not working)

The next pga conference preparation meeting will be held in belgrade from 10
to 12th of january. And we really need before this date to involve more
people with the process (especially collectives from eastern europe) and
hopefully get more people to come at this meeting. So please try to make
this informations known around you an to your contacts.

As said in the
report, there might be possibilities to maybe arrange a bit of travel
financial help for poor countries and collectives, but it has to be asked
really much in advance. We can also try to organize collective cars... If
you want to come, once again, the easiest way is to subscribe and say it on
the process list.

we've created a collective email adress to facilitate contact work for the
next conference. So if you have any requests, needs of informations or
whatever, you can also write to : pgaeuconfcontact@riseup.net.

A call and official invitation with more details should soon come from DSM
people in belgrade.

It would be also nice if people from the web team could put this report on
the PGA web site.

bisous and see you / nicolu


I hope that this report will be usefull for everybody preparing the
conference or wanting to know more about it and will be used as a first
reference documents for further steps in the preparation. It's quite bad
it's coming so late but I hope it can also help to remind people what they
have committed to do. it might be good to have a page on the website with
the various contacts for the various groups and practical stuffs)

The next PGA conference Preparatory Meeting will be in Belgrade, 10-12. of
January 2004. (C)

I hink it might be quite usefull to put this report on the website as well.

bisous / nicolu

PGA Preparatory Meeting, h
October 3-6, 2003

Saturday, October 4, 2003

Participants
EuroDusnie, EYFA/ nederlands, LARC, Cardiff Anarchist Network,
Ferme du Hayon/belgium, Indymedia/Nantes/france, Longo
Mai/grangeneuve/france, tanneries/dijon/france, APCM/geneva gyug!,
ZMAG, Belgrade Indymedia, AZIN, DSM (Rebel House, Political
Collective, Za Drugaciji Svet, BLOK, SUS)

Facilitator: A. from DSM


Summary
A. call for patience, DSM not very skilled and will need a lot of help to
organize the conference
Update on how much DSM did so far in preparing the conference
DSM explains that it still has problems in picking the location. The
town it opted for initially was Kragujevac. The town is in central Serbia
and is very representative in terms of all the problems an impoverished
country in transition is suffering from. There are a lot of strikes by
workers who are left without work or have forgot when was the last
time they got paid for what they do. It is also a university center with,
probably, the worst studying conditions in the country. However, the
lack of contacts in the town, as well as a hostile local government and
general lack of accessible facilities will most probably exclude
Kragujevac as the conference site. Also, the local population could be
taken aback with the idea of having up to 1,000 or more foreign
activists organizing something they do not understand.
The other possible location is in the north of Serbia. It is a summer
resort called Palic (lakeside) and it is near the town of Subotica, close
to the Hungarian border. It is still uncertain whether the resort will be
available in July 2004th, when the conference is due to take place. The
other issue is whether the PGA network can raise enough money to
cover expenses. The advantages of the resort are that it would be
comparably simple to organize the conference in an enclosed area with
enough space for accommodation and venues for events. On the other
hand, since one of the main aims of the conference is its outreach
towards the local community and the media, the resort is not a good
location for that purpose.
What remains for now are the two big towns/cities - Belgrade and Novi
Sad. Both have the necessary infrastructure for accommodation and
venues. They are also the best locations in terms of communication
links and media accessibility.
The possibility to rent schools during summer holidays was mentioned
a few times.

Discussion points -
- the participants of the conference agreed to choose a place that
would not be in the middle of nowhere and isolated from people. A place
where we could meet and make links with local people and struggles"
(C)
- it has also been agreed that DSM should have an additional 2-3
months to find and announce the exact location for the conference. (C)
- there was also a proposal to organize a caravan that could venture in
central Serbia and gradually introduce the idea of a conference taking
place in one of the towns in the area. The caravan would happen in
december and people involved with pga and the conference were invited
to take part, the first objective was to present "farewell to political
parties" a book by kolektiv eimigrative art and it was supposed to be
welcomed by people from an autonomous union apparently much active
in kragujevatz. It therefore could be a way to meet people from this
union and struggling workers as well.
- the convenor should have direct presence or links with local
collectives in the town where it chooses to organize the conference in
order to avoid animosity from the local population. and to be able to
profit afterwards on what the conference could bring locally. (c)

Some collectives and people involved in pga dynamic should arrive one
month before the conference to help. There was. another wish to have
people that could come during one week or two at different times
between now and the conference.

- DSM has two more months to find a suitable location. (C)

The discussion continued towards what were the particular needs and
possible solutions in terms of accommodation and space for the
conference. these are a few things agreed.
- it was agreed to use a combination of solid housing (schools, squats,
?) and camp(s). (C)
- we also spoke about the necessity to find circus tents or big tents to
have part of the workshops and debates outside solid structures. (C)
- we souldn't only focus on freeplaces but will have to find foundings to
be able to rent places if needed. (C)
- it was discussed to squat a place for the conference (as people have
great difficulties to find autonomous collective places for activities in
serbia) but we agreed on not mixing squatting action time an
conference time. So there was either the possibility to squat a place
well in advance or to take advantage of the big number of people to
have a squatting action just after the conference. (C)
- the possibility to have collectives actions in the day following the
conference but clearly separated from the conference time was also
discussed and left open, as well as the possibility to organize small
caravans//travellings or meetings in other locations than the conference
place, after the conference.

Discussion points
- DSM also raised the issue of the possible number of participants that
could end up at the conference. The issue of whether there should be a
limit to the number of participants, since there might be a problem to
accommodate everyone. It was agreed that the convenors will update
the PGA network with info on what kind of infrastructure for
accommodation has been secured and the approximate number of
people it can accommodate (in combination with camping space). The
general view was that there should not be any limits on the number of
participants but we agreed on 500 as a minimal starting point. (C)

The discussion at this point focused on how the PGA could assist
DSM in helping them organize the conference.
- people from the entire PGA network would be invited to take charge
of specific assignments necessary to organize the conference. (as
sound, visas, finances, translation, building, newspapers.... and
whatsoever) (C)
- during the conference, we'll try to push collective self-management
on everything and more or less keep leiden system of different pool and
teams in wich people can get involved such as translation, facilitation,
newspaper, cooking, cleaning welcoming, infos, computers and media...
(C)
- we'll to try to push a bit more than in leiden the involvment of people
in daily practical basic matters such as cleaning and cooking, washing
dishes... (C)
- - to have something really well prepared structures mostly organized
before the conference so that people can easily know how to get
involved (C)
* - a number of people from abroad will have to come to the chosen
location a week or two (remains to be seen) earlier than the scheduled
start of the conference to help DSM in preparations. (C)
- we will announce on every call for the conference that everybody can
come at least one week in advance to build and prepare the
infrastructures of the meeting (C)
- we'll announce that if people want to build sustainable anticapitalist
self-made structures ( such as self-made toilets or showers or energy
system they're invited to do it, but that everybody doesn't have to get
involved with the building of these self-made structures. (C)
- we'll announce that the camp will also be a kind of open space /
laboratory to bring and have workshops on any sustainable
technologies such as windcraft, solar panels and such things. (C)
- we'll have different kind of times and meetings specifically
announced as either workshops, presentations, working group on a
practical project... (C)
- we'll have a meeting of five days with one day before for arrival,
meeting with people, visiting locals and one extra day in the end to have
a collective deconstruction of the camp and conference structures. (C)


Content of the conference :
The discussion then talked about the issue of content. Some people had
a problem with the large number of workshops that existed at the PGA
conference in Leiden. The question was whether the large number of
parallel workshops was a good solution and if people would not get lost
in trying to pick one amongst many available workshops in the same
time slot. The question of whether the number of workshops should be
somehow limited arose. The discussion also touched the topic of the
thematic aspect of the content
- there will not be a limit to the number of workshops since there is no
one who may arbiter which proposal should be accepted and which not.
There will however be attempts to group similar events into one or a
few.(C)
- the groups involved with the preparation of the conference will try to
push some issues first discussed during this preparation meeting. This
will be done by putting a list of issues that seem important to us on the
present report and before the next meeting, trying to see if we can find
people, collectives and a process to work on it and prepare it before the
conference. In this way and because a beforehand dynamic arose, they
will become important issues for the conference(C)
the next preparation meetings will therefore set forward these "big
issues" and try to promote them as the most important aspects of the
PGA conference in 2004 (C)


Sunday, October 5th, 2003


Participants:
Ferme du Hayon, EuroDusnie, tanneries/dijon, EYFA, LARC, Cardiff
Anarchist Network, Indymedia Nantes, Longo Mai, APCM, ZMAG,
Belgrade Indymedia, AZIN, DSM (Drustvo za Borbu Protiv Drustva,
Rebel House, Political Collective, Za Drugaciji Svet, BLOK, SUS)

Facilitator: J. from EYFA


After a short summary of the things agreed on previous day (location,
practicalities, duration of the conference, workshops) the discussion
about content was continued.

A few proposals for content had already been submitted by Sans-Titre
network and EuroDusney collective and some new issues were
proposed
- it was decided to give some first contacts of people who want to
start to think about one of these particular issues, work on it and be a
contact point. (C) These contacts are mentionned here when people
didn't forget to put their names. Otherwise it may still be possible and
very welcomed to add your names if you didn't do so during the meeting

- wars, imperialism, nationalism and social control
javier indylondon : javier@spc.org
mark // cardiff anarchist network : bozavine@yahoo.co.uk

- eu enlargment

- critic of industrial society
some people involved with sans titre network

- gender issue
bosa / azin: bosa.j@yubc.net
nicolu / tanneries : nicolu@no-log.org

- western democracy as a model

- situation in the balkans - balkans as third world
dsm. what is the email we should give ?
Ivana ? people from dsm? migrative art ? I'm not sure as well

- direct democratic alternatives to capitalism and self management
apparently eurodusnie, but I'm not sure : what is the email we should
give.
nicolu / tanneries : nicolu@no-log.org

- economic alternatives

- what's next as an international movement ?how can we imagine a
global
change ?what's global in local struggle ? critic of summit hoping.
mark // cardiff anarchist network : bozavine@yahoo.co.uk
olivier / apcm : elviejo@greenmail.ch

- going out of the activist ghetto

- sustainable technology
sophie / ferme du haillon : tamagotchisyahoo.fr

- pga in eastern europe


it was agreed that some specific emphasis should be placed on Balkans
©
- the question of content is not definite, nor closed, and the discussion
on this topic will continue on PGA process list. (agreed)
a working group that will try to help facilitate coordination for the
programm and workshops will be formed. ©
Note: at the end of the meeting two persons from DSM volunteered for
this group. They can be contacted at bosa.j@yubc.net, and
migrativeart@skynet.be
- many proposals were made to start debates and collective work on
these issues before the conference and during: questionnaries, finding
questions or little text to present the different issues - having a reader
where various collectives write a provocative text on different issues -
having special evening events on some issues during the conference...
In the end nothing was clearly agreed on this time.
- at least, people will be invited to send texts or questionnaries or
preparatory plans on each of this issues be fore the next meeting so
that they can be clearer and rediscussed during the next preparatory
meeting.


Discussion points
The question of communication before conference, workshops proposal
and spreading information about conference was raised.
- for workshops there will be an interactive application form on web.
EuroDusney collective and DSM will work on this.
Contact: jespe006@planet.nl, and tnosugar@net.yu (C)
- applying for conference will not be limited for »computer users«
only. Beside web form there should be a postal address as well (C)
- PGA presentation newsletter should be spread before the conference
(C)
- other pga newsletter should be edited regularly before the
conference (C) but as far as I remember, the aim and content weren't
really clear and it wasn't much discussed
- already existing PGA process list will be used for discussing content.
(C)

Gender issue proposals for the conference :
During the pga winter meeting in dijon in march 2003, it was
collectively decided (by a group of thirty people involved with pga,
people from various european countries and collectives) to give
concrete proposals about gender issue for the next conference.. These
proposals were linked partly with reports of sexual harassment during
pga linked events, but moreover because of a feeling that the gender
issue was often taken a secondary issue and discriminated inside pga
and anticapitalists movements. Some people, espacially women, often
involved with the network since quite a long time, felt more than fed up
about it and wanted to find practical ways to push a bit more the gender
issue both inside anti-capitalist and anti-authoritarian movement and in
society in general. These proposals were agreed by everybody at the
winter meeting, a gender working group was started. The reason why
these proposals were specifically rediscussed at this preparation
meeting was to make sure that!
the pga conference conference preparation group would also agree
with it, in order to know on what the gender working could concretely
start to work on, and on wich basis it could make contacts with other
groups struggling on gender issues.

- It was agreed to make a flyer which should be spread before the
conference. Flyer should be a sort of warning on sexist attitudes,
sexual abuses and harassment and ways to prevent it during the
conference. It was agreed that the flyer would be included in a PGA
practical guide that would be given to everybody at the conference. (C)
- the proposal of specifically inviting feminist and anti-patriarchy
collectives to participate and give workshops during the conference
was also agreed on, as well as the fact to start an open questionnary on
gender/anti-patriarchy struggles inside the movement.
- some people also thougt that the proposals of the winter meeting
were just about patriarchy inside the movement. It was explained that it
wasn't, and agreed to make it clearer. (C)
- It was proposed to make available a »men only« and »women
only« space, where women and men could meet for specific
discussions, and also for women as a place to feel safe in a case of
sexist/sexual aggression. It was proposed as a tool of struggling
against patriarchy and gender norms seen as usefull and quite usual for
various people. By some participants this was seen as sort of
segregation. Also, the question on »defining« women and men was
raised (but left unanswered). The proposal was blocked.
Next proposition was that during the conference one whole day should
be about gender issues (Gender day) in general, not only inside the
movement. By some participants this was also not seen as a priority.
(blocked as well)

Comment about the block:
in a group of twenty to thirty people, two people chose to block the
"men" only and "women" only spaces, and the same people blocked as
well the day about gender.
On the other hand, various people expressed they felt shocked that
such initiatives and proposals were blocked in the framework of pga
and expressed their will and need to have sent on the process list some
reactions and texts about gender issues in general, but also specifically
on the usefullness of women-only or men-only spaces as tools to
struggle against patriarchy and gender norms.
Some people expressed at the time, that they wanted these feelings to
appear on the report.
This part of the discussion brought nevertheless strong tensions that
will have to be overcome by one way or another. It was said that
everybody should feel encouraged to give public feedback about this
discussion.
But it must also be said that the whole issue and reasons to refuse the
proposal were discussed again two days later with one of the people
who blocked it.
Everybody should therefore also give a look at the gender group
meeting report (still to come) to get more explanations.
There will be also a work to give more details and explanations about
the various proposals.
(bosa/azin and nicolu/tanneries will take care to initiate that)
A meeting to work specifically on gender issue was announced This
group will meet after the preparatory meeting. (as said before, the
gender working group was already formed during the wintermeeting and
not this time)

In conclusion A debate is open till the next meeting where these
proposals wille be rediscussed (C)




Monday, October 6, 2003

Two meetings were held on this day. On the first (»unofficial«) one,
small group of people was present. Things that were discussed:
Infrastructure.
All agreements, discussions, questions...were presented at the
»big« meeting.

First meeting

Participants:
CAN, LARC, A SEED, EuroDusnie, EYFA, AZIN, DSM (Political
Collective, Rebel House, Za Drugaciji Svet, BLOK)

Facilitator: M. from EuroDusnie

Agenda:
- meeting space
- sleeping space
- toilets, showers
- food
- water
- electricity
- sound system & FM radio station broadcasting
- translation
- transport during the conference
- video screens
- coordination office
- phones, mobiles
- sanitation, washing place
- garbage
- teams: medical, post
- legal group
- photocopier, printing machines
containers - for ?personal things, bags? before the camp is built

Second meeting

Participants:
Ferme du Hayon, EuroDusnie, A SEED, Sans Titre network, EYFA,
LARC, Cardiff Anarchist Network, Indymedia Nantes, Longo Mai,
APCM, ZMAG, Belgrade Indymedia, AZIN, DSM (Rebel House,
Political Collective, Za Drugaciji Svet, BLOK, SUS)

Facilitator: M. from EuroDusnie

Toilets, shower
- there are some possibilities to give workshops about self-made
showers and compost toilets. Some people involved with sans-titre
already proposed it and J from eyfa is ok to be a contact on this part
(C)
contact : J from EYFA / javier@mail.eyfa.org

Food
- we'll try to find collective kitchens project in Serbia & Montenegro or
elsewhere in the region (Austria, Hungary, Italy, Croatia - Zagreb, Pula;
Bosnia & Herzegovina - Mostar; Bulgaria-Temisoara). Some of these
locations will be checked out by J. from EYFA, and B. from AZIN
- we first try to invite kitchens from the area and secondly to ask
collective kitchens to bring hardware that can be left to create a new
kitchen with local people and thirdly if it doesn't work to invite already
existing collective kitchens as Rampenplan to do the cooking. (C)
- Vegetarian food will be organized by the organisers of the conference
: we invite only kitchens who will cook vegetarian but if some kitchen
who cook meat come at the conference, we will not prevent them to do
so.
(C)
Deadline: 2 months

Coordination and Contact:
I. from Political Collective migrativeart@skynet.be , and M. from CAN
bozavine@yahoo.co.uk

Water, electricity
we should be paying special attention on drainage
contact plumbers and electricians
DSM will take care of this, while looking for the location.

Contacts : x from Eyfa (javier@spc.org) and P from a.seed
(pim@aseed.antenna.nl) can invite a group from sofia that have
experiences with solar and alternative energies.)


Sound system & radio station broadcasting :
there's a project to create a radio during the time of the conference
contact : J. from LARC (javier@spc.org) will be a contact person for
radio

pa system
During the conference in Leiden, Power Amplification (PA) system
was needed for plenary. There should be 4 smaller and 1 bigger PA.
It's necessary to organize team for PA. It might be very hard to find
such team in Serbia & Montenegro, and suggestion was to bring team
from Holland.
Coordination and contact:
T. from BLOK, DSM punkpetarpan@yahoo.com
Z. from SUS, DSM zabac_car@yahoo.com

Translation
a kit of diy simultaneous translation with small radio transmittors has
been experienced
//J from larc (javier@spc.org) can bring the kit-
but we need some translators -. Languages: Serbo-Croat, Russian,
English, Spanish, German, French. Previous experience shows that
students sometimes agree to do translation work for free as a practice.
There was the proposal to invite people for sign language.
Coordination: check in all collectives (someone is needed to do the
coordination work)


Transportation during the conference
- there should be organized transportation from the airport to the place
of meeting. It's steal not possible to arrange details on this because we
are still not sure about the place of the meeting.

no coordinator.

Sleeping and meeting spaces
Most of the sleeping should be in camps
But there should be also sleeping spaces for people with medical
disabilities, and others who can't sleep in camps
closed spaces are needed for meetings, concerts, video projections...
Sleeping and meeting area should be separated, because this way
confusion and overcrowding are avoided (experience from Leiden).

Spaces that are needed:
at least 5 spaces for 100 people approximately, during 5 days
large central space for food and drink serving. Next to this place
should also be an infopoint.
there should also be a big gathering space for evening program

Multimedia center :
- computers have already been brought by eurodusnie (with much
troubles at the border)// there's also a project to have an indymedia
conference in the balkans next summer and they could maybe bring
some material after.
equipment// theree could also be a tv//

People are needed to coordinate it. People from print collective in dijon
will be asked if they want to participate.

créche pool / kid space :
contact and coordination : jean-phi from ales / france
(lipjo@no-log.org)is ok to coordinate a kid space

other things listed :
we need a phone line - an office - it would be good to use a football
field because it's big and they usually have showers. - we have to ask
people to bring big tents to have smaller meetings. - we could try to list
people who would like to sleep at locals people houses and not to camp
in case it's in a city and some people want to welcome conference
participants in their houses.

Office for coordination
DSM needs space for conference coordination.
A group who will check out possible places for office will be made, but
some financial help will be necessary :
- we need a place// workspace to coordinate the conference for the
dsm and the internationals coming to help. - the space in azin could be
used but it's small. - it's nog going to be a regular working time office
room and it would be better if it can be free and used all the time. -
there should be possibility to find some funds to help dsm renting an
office - some ngo's could offer them a place but people from dsm said
they didn't want to have this kind of collaboration with ngo's - dsm will
take care of making this office project go further and ask for financial
help.


Other agenda points: telephones, garbage, photocopier, printing, video
beam, legal team, medical team...were not discussed because of lack of
time.


Date for the Conference
Proposals: last week of July, first week of August, and last week of
August

Majority of people present at the meeting thought that the best time for
the Conference is the end of July. One of participants first blocked this
proposal, believing that the conference should be held at the beginning
of July (because at that time a big music festival is held, so he thought
that conference should offer some kind of alternative to this festival).
At the end, consensus was achieved, and the last week of July was
accepted as the best time for the conference. It was precised that the
conference date will be just after an anticapitalist festival in mostar
and there could be a plan of caravan from mostar to the conference.
So, the PGA Conference will be held from 23-29. of July 2004.
Arrivals will be on 23. July, and the 29th of july will be a day of
collective deconstruction and cleaning. (CCCC)

Date for the next Preparatory Meeting,

Proposals:
- proposition of having an informal meeting/ conference presentation in
paris during esf week (12th to 16 of november) because people
involved with pga and many interested collectives will be there
(N/tanneries will try to find a date and space for a preparatory meeting
and make contact with the people who organize alternative events to
esf)
in paris)
- in the end of february, there will be a wintermeeting of eyfa where we
can have a presentation

It was decided that holding a next meeting in November was too soon,
so this meeting on ESF will be a sort of informal meeting.
For many things that should be done before the next meeting December
is the deadline, so it was decided that the next meeting would be held in
January.
At the beginning of April will be another one, and in June will hopefully
arrive people who will take part in organizing the Conference.
The next PGA conference Preparatory Meeting will be in Belgrade,
10-12. of January 2004. (C)
this meeting should be publicised and appear on both pga newspaper
and call for the conference.

Communication

Agenda:
- contact group
- goal of the conference
- newspapers
- documents of past conference
- report of this meeting
- translations
- info-points

New moderator for pga_process list was needed.
M.from CAN volunteered for this. Contact: bozavine@yahoo.co.uk
MI.
Invitation to the conference :
Groups endorsing the pga hallmarks will be invited for the conference.
There was apparently a discussion to what extent groups participating
should totally fit to pga hallmarks, but I think that nothing was clearly
decided on that.
In leiden, the participation was not limited, but everyone was informed
about PGA principles. Apparently, the same tactic would be used here.
The Pga hallmarks should appear on every call for the conference (C)
There should be work to contact groups that have never been involved
in any PGA conference or initiative yet (C)


Call for the Conference and for the next Preparatory Meeting in
January.

Deadline for this call is: October 21, 2003.

- a call for conference will be written by dsm soon (C)
- the text will be proposed on the process list before to be sent
widely.(C)
- it will be done as soon as possible (C)
- the conference contact group and infopoints will find ways to
translate and distribute it as widely as possible (C)
- we agreed to have pga principles in the call and date of the next
preparatory meeting. (C)

PGA conference contact group :
- a contact group is formed, which will inform other collectives about
the conference and generally spread tool of information about the
conference to infopoints and people.. This contact group will start with
the task to compile informations, distribute and make available
ressources (pga presentation newspaper, call for the conference...),
and to create a list of who has already been contacted... (C)
-the contact work should be done mostly in a regional and
decentralized way (C)
- we have to promote the involvment of people in the preparation of the
meeting and the conference (C)
- we should forward the call widerly than the pga list - the money is a
problem for people to come and we need to deal with it for the next
preparatory meeting. (C)
- there will be regular communication and report about the contact
work through the pga list (C)

Contact group contacts:
B. from AZIN, DSM bosa.j@yubc.net
A from BLOK, DSM zapata@sezampro.yu
M. from EuroDusnie marco@squat.net
S. from Ferme du Hayon/ sans titre: tamagotchis@yahoo.fr
N from tanneries : nicolu@no-log.org


A first small meeting of people from the contact group happened in
austria a few days after the meeting to precise tools and objectives. A
report will be sent on the process list.

Newspapers
- on the first Preparatory Meeting occured a discussion about
documents/newspapers focused on PGA.
- N. from tanneries wrote a document about PGA history (and
structures), which is not a "pga official" document but can be used by
any infopoints. M from eurodusnie will layout it.
- the Newspaper should be translated on as many languages as
possible. It should be placed on Internet as well, so that it could be
printed and spread around. (C)
- part of this newspaper will be Xeroxed/copied by SUS collective
- s : lukovicm@yahoo.com is ok to translate it in serbo-croetian

dsm presentation part is still waited


Radio
Contact: J. from LARC javier@spc.org

October preparatory meeting report
Two reports will be sent to PGA process list (one by M. and B. from
DSM, and the other one by N. from Sans Titre network)
Deadline: October 14, 2003

WEB
contacts :
- three persons will work on the web site: M. from DSM, S. from
EuroDusnie and L. from Indymedia Nantes (luc@no-log.org)

radio project :
- s/ferme du haillon/tamagotchis@yahoo.fr and N/ nicolu@no-log.org
have a project of radio broadcast to present pga and dsm
- J:larc is ok to put it on the web

Finances
- raising money for the Conference can be done through: benefit,
left-funds, fund rising training... Every collective should try to raise
some money. Mutual accounts will be opened. (C)

Should money be accepted from anybody? For the last conference it
was not. Still, drawing the line is hard.

- responsability of every local group to raise money (C)
- it's up to their judgments where the money comes from as long as
nothing must be asked in return and as they do no publicity that specify
the pga and conference.(C)
- if they ask something in return or publicity we discuss it during the
next preparation meetings (C)

First tasks of the finance group:
- placing the information about the money (needed) on the web site (C)
- placing the information about the money collectives can raise
(approximately) on the web site (C)
open public accounts
- this will be done by Z. from SUS, DSM; M. from EuroDusnie, P. from
EuroDusnie; L. from Indymedia Nantes; J. from LARC) (C)

- Eurodusnie want to do part of the work by asking money to the found
who gave them some last year. (C)
- F from dsm wants to start a group in dsm to do some local found
raising and to create a bank account on the name of dsm (C)
- a mutual bank account will start in london and be done by J/larc // but
they're can be other local bank accounts (C)

Finance group contacts:
J. from LARC javier@spc.org
Z. from SUS, DSM zabac_car@yahoo.com
L. from Indymedia Nantes (address is missing) his adress is
lucho@no-log.org

Discussion about making criteria about who should get the money (only
people from Eastern Europe, or some people from Western Europe as
well ? what kind of criterias ?) :
- we prioritize to give money to people who dont have any other ways
to get the money than that (C)
- People who will receive money have to come as a group or collective
and sent following a group decision. And it must also be people that
want to get involved in the preparation process and dont take it only as
a kind of activist-tourist adventure (C)
- the finance group will decide following these principles. (C)
- we'll try to improve co-driving and free places annoucements before
the meeting (C)

Visas
This issue should be taken very seriously, since there was already a
problem with who is allowed to enter Serbia & Montenegro.
DSM will look into this, and information about visas will be included in
the Invitation letter for the conference.

contact : Apparently monikaseyfried@hotmail.com (changer l'adresse)
from eurodusnie wanted to work on the visa facilitation.(confirmed ???)

On decision making structure : the points of the decision making
process, (e.g. what we have to decide on in pga conference, how can
everybody participate, should there be plenery meetings or not...) were
mentionned as really important a few times, announced on the agenda
but got kind of lost in the process. It should therefore be one big point
of the next preparatory meeting

--
ni co lu ( nicolu @ no-log . org )
_______________________________________________
Pga_europe_resistance mailing list
Pga_europe_resistance@squat.net
https://squat.net/mailman/listinfo/pga_europe_resistance




*******
********
****** The A-Infos News Service ******
News about and of interest to anarchists
******
INFO: http://ainfos.ca/org http://ainfos.ca/org/faq.html
HELP: a-infos-org@ainfos.ca
SUBSCRIPTION: send mail to lists@ainfos.ca with command in
body of mail "subscribe (or unsubscribe) listname your@address".

Full list of list options at http://www.ainfos.ca/options.html


A-Infos Information Center